Home / Crime / Yet another murder in Newham
met police jacket

Yet another murder in Newham

STABBINGS AND shootings are cutting down young men in Newham at a rate it is hard to follow. Now police have revealed that an incident which occurred in Plashet Road last Thursday has led to a 31 year old man losing his life.

Police have appealed for help as they try to establish exactly what happened – but their inquires are centring on what appears to have been a fight between seven or eight Asian males.

The emergency services received two calls on Thursday, 12th October.

Just before 3.30pm, police and the Ambulance Service went to Plashet Road, Newham E13 after reports that someone had been stabbed. They found a 16 year old boy with leg and chest injuries and took him to an east London hospital. He has since been discharged from hospital. On Tuesday, 17th October he was arrested on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.

At around 4pm, police were told that a 31 year old man had gone into an east London hospital with a heading injury. He was admitted but sadly died on Tuesday, 17th October. He was later identified as Titu Miah of Plaistow. His next of kin have been informed.  A post mortem will be held shortly, but it would appear that he died of his injuries.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Homicide and Major Crime Command have launched an investigation into these two injuries, which they believe are linked – with the two men sustaining injuries at the same incident.

In addition to the stabbed 16 year old, police have made three arrests.
On Saturday, 14th October, a 14-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of array.
On Sunday, 15th October, a 17-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of GBH.
On Sunday, 15th October, an 18-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of GBH.
All three have since been released under investigation.

DCI Dave Whellams, who is leading the investigation, said, “We are keen to hear from anyone who may have been in the Plashet Road area and seen the violent altercation taking place at approx 15:00hrs on Thursday, 12th October. The group fighting was described as a group of approximately seven to eight Asian males and we are keen to piece together the sequence of events that lead to Titu’s death. A man has lost his life during this incident and we urge anyone with any information to come forward and speak to police.”

Anyone who was in the area at the time, who saw the incident or who has any other information which can help is asked to call the police on 020-8345 3775. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800-555 111, where you can give information anonymously.

•Read more about it:
Youngster charged in Forest Gate murder hunt
Newham acid attacker pleads guilty

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.